Hurricane Ida Damage Claims
The Womac Law Firm was there to help the citizens of Louisiana after Hurricane
Katrina and we are here to help again in the aftermath of Hurricane Ida.
If your home or business suffered significant hurricane related property
damage – call us for a free consultation at (504) 486-9999.
As the residents in our region work to recover from Hurricane Ida, questions
regarding insurance coverage and relief are becoming frequent.
Though much of our region was not under a mandatory evacuation, civil authorities
have expressed that an evacuation was not ordered due to the rapid intensification
of Hurricane Ida. Therefore, the Louisiana Commissioner of Insurance has issued a
Directive ordering insurance companies to waive restrictions on coverage that require
a mandatory evacuation.
Depending on the damage to your home or business and
your specific insurance policy, you may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Structural Damage & Costs of Repair
- Loss or Destruction of Personal Property (such as furniture or other contents)
- Loss of Use
- Additional Living Expenses
- Business Interruption
If your home or business was significantly impacted by Hurricane Ida, it
is important that you keep a record of any information associated with
the damage. We recommend that you immediately start collecting information
and make sure to maintain the following documents:
- A copy of your Insurance Policy
- A record of the Property Title listing the current owner
- Pictures of physical damages and repairs
- Receipts from contractors
- Receipts for additional living expenses
- A List of damaged/lost contents with each item’s value
- Business records
- A Record of how long the property could not be used
- A copy of any communication, statement, or questionnaire to or from your
For a list of hurricane resources, go
For information regarding business resources, go
For more instructions on dealing with hurricane damage and insurance claims, go
Remember, if your home or business suffered significant property damage
and the insurance company isn’t treating you fairly, we have a team
of experienced attorneys here to guide you through this difficult process.
We’re here to help when you decide it’s time to Put the Womac