Skip to Content
Call Us Today! 504-470-3935

Blogs from April, 2013

Written Approval for Settlement from UM/UIM Carrier


Be advised that before finalizing a settlement with a liability carrier, you should determine whether your uninsured/underinsured motorist policy requires that the insurance company providing you coverage must give written approval of the liability settlement. This is important because if your uninsured/underinsured motorist policy requires such written approval and you finalize a liability settlement without it, you may have waived your rights to pursue an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim. The "UM written approval" requirement is most common in uninsured/underinsured motorist policies that are written outside of Louisiana. Call us for a free consultation and we will be happy to help answer any questions or concerns about your liability coverage.

Share To: