New Orleans Car Accident Lawyers
Car Accidents in Louisiana
Few things are as stressful as being involved in a car accident. Unfortunately, thousands of Louisianans go through this experience every year. According to Louisiana State University’s crash data, someone was injured every 8 minutes in a traffic accident in Louisiana in 2020, with an accident occurring every 3 minutes and 47 seconds.
If you were injured or if someone you love died in a car accident, it can feel almost impossible to move forward with your life. But at The Womac Law Firm, we are here to help. Since 1990, we have earned a reputation as one of the leading personal injury firms in the New Orleans area. Our team has recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements, including numerous million-dollar case results.
We begin each case by listening to your story and getting to know you, your struggles, and what you are facing on the long road to recovery. Our team also diligently prepares each case, carefully investigating your accident and aggressively negotiating with insurance adjusters. Each client matters to us, and we work hard to make sure that our clients are justly compensated.
Why should you hire our firm?
- We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients
- We have been representing clients in New Orleans for over 30 years
- We are available to take your call 24/7
- We offer free consultations and contingency fees
After a negligent driver causes an accident that leaves you injured, put the Womac on ‘em! Call The Womac Law Firm at (504) 470-3935 to get started with a free consultation.
What Should I Do If I Got in a Car Accident?
As though suffering an accident isn’t bad enough, it can be just as miserable to deal with the insurance company after the fact. These massive companies will often do everything they can to avoid paying out claims. It is important that you take the proper steps to protect your right to compensation after an accident.
If you’ve been in a car accident, follow these tips and contact an accident lawyer from The Womac Law Firm as soon as possible:
- Do not leave the scene of the accident. In Louisiana, it is against the law to leave the scene of an accident without stopping, providing your identity, and offering reasonable aid. What’s more, there can be serious injuries in even a minor accident, so stay at the scene until police and/or paramedics arrive.
- Check for injuries. Check yourself and others for injuries immediately after the accident. If anyone is injured, do not move them but instead call 911 and request an ambulance right away. If you do not need emergency attention, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident.
- Call the police. Always call the police after a car accident. You are required by law to report any accident that results in injury, death, and/or property damage valued at more than $500. Police officers will collect information, investigate the crash, determine who was at fault, and write an official police report. This can help your insurance claim and any liability claims.
- Get as much information as you can. If possible, get the contact information of other drivers, passengers, and witnesses. Be sure to write down the license plate numbers and insurance information of any involved drivers. Take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries, as well. All of this can be used as evidence in your claim.
- Do not admit responsibility. Exchange information and be honest but realize that even a simple apology can be used against you. You might think you were responsible for the accident and later learn that the other driver was equally or even more at fault than you. Always avoid admitting or assigning blame after the accident.
- Seek medical attention. Many car accident injuries can show up days or weeks later. Help your recovery by getting treatment as soon as possible, even if you believe you were not injured or that your injuries are not serious. Medical records are also vital to your accident claim, so the sooner you see a doctor after the accident, the better.
- Contact an attorney. If you have been injured in an accident, reach out to an experienced personal injury lawyer at The Womac Law Firm. Insurance companies often refuse to pay the full value of injury claims until a lawyer makes them. Our team of attorneys will fight hard for every dollar you deserve on a no recovery, no fee basis.
The Dangers of Distracted Driving
In recent decades, distracted driving has become an increasingly serious problem on our nation’s roads. The rise of GPS devices and cell phones has contributed to the problem, but these are not the only forms of distracted driving. In fact, anything that takes a driver’s attention from the road—including talking to passengers, changing the radio station, eating or drinking, and looking at billboards or accidents along the roadway—is considered a distraction.
According to data compiled by Louisiana State University, distracted driving has led to an average of 38 traffic fatalities each year from 2015 to 2020. In 2019, the number of distracted driving-related traffic deaths peaked at 52, with 17 of those fatalities resulting from cell phone use.
Driving while distracted is incredibly dangerous, yet many people continue to do it. If you were injured or if someone you love was killed by a distracted driver, The Womac Law Firm can help you fight for justice. We believe that negligent individuals should be held accountable for the harm they cause, and we will work hard to help you fight for the full, fair recovery you are owed. Contact us today to learn more during a free, no-obligation consultation.
What Happens If I Settle Without an Attorney?
When you report a car accident to your insurance company or the other party’s insurance provider, they will typically begin calling you and trying to settle your claim. Some insurance companies will offer you a fair settlement to ensure all your expenses are covered, including medical bills and physical damages. However, many insurance companies only care about their bottom lines and will do their best to minimize your claim to avoid a big payout.
We cannot guarantee positive results for every client, but in most cases, hiring a car accident attorney to handle your claim increases your recovery amount by 2 – 3 times! If you haven't settled with your insurance company, call our office as soon as possible to discuss your case with our New Orleans car accident lawyers.
Put the Womac on ‘Em!
If you have been injured in a car accident with a truck, motorcycle, bus, or as a pedestrian or bicyclist, talk to our experienced New Orleans car accident attorneys at The Womac Law Firm to learn about your rights and what we can do to help you seek compensation. Our team can walk you through the claims process, including our strategies and what you can expect in the upcoming claims process. We fight to protect your rights every step of the way!
Take time to chat with us about your case and your goals. Our New Orleans car accident attorneys accept cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay us NO upfront fees, NO out-of-pocket costs, and NO expenses to start.
Get started today; call us at (504) 470-3935 to schedule your FREE consultation.
What Are the Most Common Injuries in a Car Accident?
Unfortunately, car accidents often result in life-altering injuries, disability, and death.
Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Serious lacerations and contusions
- Slipped, ruptured, or herniated discs
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Accidental amputation
- Soft tissue damage
For injured victims and the surviving loved ones of those wrongfully killed, the road to recovery can be long, difficult, and painful. While a successful accident claim cannot undo the pain and suffering you and your family have experienced, it can provide you with the economic resources you need to move forward.
What Can I Seek Compensation for After an Accident?
After an auto accident, you are likely to face a number of significant challenges. You may need extensive, ongoing medical treatment for your injuries; you may be out of work for weeks, months, or even years while you recover. This can leave you uncertain as to how you will keep up with mounting medical bills and everyday expenses—on top of dealing with the immense pain and suffering the accident has caused you.
At The Womac Law Firm, we can help you fight for maximum compensation for your damages, including but not limited to:
- Medical expenses
- Hospital bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Future medical expense
- Future lost earnings
- Lost earning ability/disability
- Property damage
In some cases, we may also be able to pursue punitive damages, which are meant to punish liable parties for wanton or willful negligence, such as driving while intoxicated.
The Womac Law Firm
At The Womac Law Firm, our team is comprised of experienced New Orleans personal injury lawyers who work hard to deliver you real results. We listen to your story, explain your options, and let you know how we can help. Your case matters; let us help you get the justice you deserve.