- Allow plenty of time to get to your destination.
- Don’t speed.
- Do not use your cell phone while driving.
- Buckle up and make sure children are in appropriate safety seats.
- If you plan on drinking alcohol, make arrangements for a designated driver before the festivities begin. A taxi cab, Uber or Lyft are good options for a safe drive home.
- Do not drive late at night. Leave the party early before the roads become more dangerous.
- Blood alcohol levels apply to boating as well as driving. If you are operating a boat, do not drink.
- Be cautious, alert and aware while driving. The roads will be crowded with drivers, so keep your eyes on the road and stay focused on driving safely.
Even with careful preparation and safe driving, you may find yourself in an accident due to someone else’s negligence. Contact The Womac Law Firm for a free consultation and talk with one of our experienced New Orleans car accident attorneys about your accident. We are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have.
Everyone at The Womac Law Firm wishes you a safe and happy holiday weekend!